Fundraising and PR Officer
JOB TITLE: Fundraising and PR Officer
REPORTS TO: Communication Director
LOCATION: Kasr El Aini Street Office – Cairo/Home based.
Raising funds and awareness in Egypt to support the work of BCFE. The Fundraising/ PR Officer will work in close collaboration with the BCFE Communication Director; he/she will proactively identify, build and maintain funding partnerships with high-profile private donors, companies, foundations, and other potential sources of fundraising in Egypt including organizing special events.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Develop a network of private donors willing to support BCFE’s work in Egypt and internationally.
2. Assist in developing the “BCFE Sustainable Members Program”, involving high profile private Egyptian/international donors committed to donating substantial resources to BCFE over several years. Ensure regular communication and maintain relationships with existing and new sustainable members.
3. Identify and create specific and creative fundraising strategies and partnerships.
4. Match specific BCFE programs and funding needs to donor interests and priorities and to develop, review and submit high quality project applications.
5. Create fundraising and PR plan yearly.
6. Coordinate and implement the events and fundraising plan.
7. Represent BCFE in outdoor events.
8. Write proposals.
9. To carry out administrative tasks, including typing of correspondence, programme documents, statistical data, mailings, data recording telephone calls, maintaining appointment diary and schedules appointments, etc.
10. Compiles relevant documentation related to budget revisions, workplans, inventory list, progress reports to facilitate monitoring and follow-up on activities.
11. Maintains a reference filing system on various subjects.
12. Translating letters and other documents
13. Participate in coordinating conferences, meetings, seminars and workshops organized in BCFE through liaising with other sectors, preparing documents and agenda, etc.
14. Comply with all relevant BCFE policies and procedures.
15. Performs any other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- At least 2 years of professional and successful experience in fundraising, communications, public relations.
- Familiarity with fundraising methodologies.
- Knowledge of Egyptian funding environment and donors (corporate and individual donors, trusts and foundations), different types of funding sources and how to access them effectively.
- Experience in researching, identifying and building relations with high-profile private donors.
University Degree in fundraising, marketing, communications, public relations or other related field.
• Passionate, responsible, enthusiastic and dynamic personality,
• Ability to work independently, with strong organizational skills, initiative, good time management and ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills to develop and build relationships with a wide range of audiences and potential donors.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
• Computer and office technology: MS Office and power point
• Full time position
• Duties as assigned
• Travelling is a MUST